Alschuler v. HUD | 515 F.Supp 1212 (N.D. 1981), aff’d 686 F.2d 472 (1982)
- Multi-day preliminary injunction hearing relating to a neighborhood organization’s attempt to stop rehabilitation of a building for low income housing tenants. Judgment for Government.
Boruski v. United States | 803 F.2d 1421 (7th Cir. 1986)
- Court of Appeals affirmed dismissal of plaintiff’s complaint alleging injuries caused by swine flu vaccine. Court agreed that plaintiff had been adequately warned of the risks associated with the vaccine.
Lavenka v. United States
- Trial on plaintiff’s claim that a swine flu inoculation caused her husband’s death. Judgment for government.
People of the State of Illinois v. Shaw
- State criminal proceeding removed by the defendant federal employee to federal court. We represented the defendant, a postal worker, who was accused by her co-worker of battery while on the job. Judgment for Defendant.
Schroter v. United States | 749 F.2d 35 (7th Cir. 1984) (unpublished)
- A mother of a 12-year-old child killed by a postal jeep sued for wrongful death. The trial court ruled in favor of the government, finding that the accident was unavoidable. The decision was affirmed on appeal.
Spallato v. United States | 776 F.2d 1050 (7th Cir. 1985), cert. denied, 106 S.Ct. 1205 (1986) (unpublished)
- Trial concerning a plaintiff’s claim that a swine flu shot caused his wife’s death. Judgment for the United states. Affirmed on appeal.
Stanislaus v. Steorts | 530 F. Supp.72 (N.D. Ill. 1981)
- Grant of government’s summary judgment motion on employment discrimination case.
Stewart v. United States | 503 F. Supp. 59 (N.D. Ill. 1980), aff’d 655 F.2d 741 (7th Cir. 1981)
- Court of Appeals affirmed district court’s dismissal of personal injury case for failure to comply with statute of limitations.
Smith v. United States | 688 F.2d 476 (7th Cir. 1982)
- Court of Appeals affirmed dismissal of case alleging negligent entrustment of auto by Navy personnel.
United States v. 22,152 Aircraft Parts | 590 F. Supp. 1054 (N.D. Ill. 1984)
- District Court ruled in government’s favor leading to forfeiture of over one million dollars in spare military aircraft parts which had been destined for Libya.
United States v. Zurich American Insurance, Co.
- Jury verdict for Small Business Administration which filed suit as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy. The insurance company denied coverage based on an alleged material misrepresentation of medical history.
Zerante v. Deluca, et al. | 555 F.3d 582 (7th Cir. 2009)
- Former city employee filed a lawsuit against our clients, a Mayor and Chief of Staff of Chicago Heights, alleging she was fired in retailiation for her political activities. Trial court ruled for our clients which was affirmed on appeal.